Tender flaky salmon wrapped in bacon and glazed with a garlic maple mustard sauce, this baked salmon recipe is sensational! You have to try it!
My friend Megan swears by her dad’s salmon and bacon. I only like salmon when it’s got enough flavor to mask the fact that it’s actually fish. Bacon to the rescue! Everything is better with bacon!
If you have been an OSB follower for long, you will know that I am not a seafood person. It’s just not my thing. Even salmon…I have been trying to love salmon for years, and I have to say that this baked maple mustard salmon has won me over!
Before You Begin…
Grab four sheets of foil that are big enough to wrap each of your fillets in and lay 2 slices of bacon vertically on each piece of foil.
How to Pick Good Fresh Salmon
Buying salmon at the grocery store can be intimidating, but it doesn’t need to be! There are a few things to look for…
- Smell – good fresh salmon should not have a fishy smell
- Color – vibrant, deep shades of red/coral/pink is what you are after and there shouldn’t be any brown spots anywhere on the fillet
- Appearance – it should look moist and not dried out
- Touch – when you gently press the salmon, it should bounce back and not leave an indentation
What Do I Need to Make This Baked Salmon Recipe?
All the ingredients are easy to find and create the most amazing flavor. Here is what you will need:
- Salmon Fillets
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- Maple Syrup: Grade A
- Dijon Mustard
- Yellow Onion
- Thyme: or parsley
The measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card. You can also print and save the recipe there.
How to Make Baked Maple Salmon
- Prep: Preheat the oven, get foil pieces ready and place the bacon on each piece of foil. Season the salmon fillets.
- Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients of the sauce together and pour the sauce on each fillet.
- Assemble: Top the fillets with the onions and wrap the bacon around the fillets. Fold the foil around each piece of salmon.
- Bake: Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake, then open the foil and change the oven to broil to crisp up the top for about a minute.
- Season: Sprinkle each fillet with fresh herbs and serve!
The complete instructions for making this recipe can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post. Keep scrolling for all the details.