For most kids the end of the day means bath time and the more toys in the bath the better.

But one Illinois mom is warning parents that a seemingly harmless bath toy can be dangerous to kids after a horrific injury left her young son facing the prospect of losing his sight.

Eden Strong was giving her 2-year-old son Baylor a bath when she noticed that his eye was irritated. She put it down to getting water in his eye but after his bath Baylor’s eye got worse.

Her son had suffered cellulitis, a potentially serious bacterial skin infection. In just 12 hours his eye went from pink to infected.

**WARNING**So I learned a thing. And I’ve sat on it for a couple months because the pictures are so gross that I…

Posted by Eden Strong – No Shame on Monday, September 21, 2020

“His eye was protruding from his face,” she said in a Facebook post, which has since gone viral. “It was very obscured. He was running a raging fever.

“I cried the entire drive to a larger hospital, praying that he wouldn’t lose his eye.

She has since thrown all Baylor’s squeezable toys away.

“I think those toys especially are cute. They’re fun. They’re cheap and they’re easy, but it’s not worth it.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *